From romantic spring flower festivals to star-studded spectacular music festival, the month of May in Korea is filled with plenty of wonderful festivals.
Check out all ongoing and upcoming festivals and events for May 2017 in South Korea and find the perfect fest with our festival guide!
1. Taean Tulip Festival 2017
Immerse yourself in 1.5 million tulips and other spring flowers!
Recognized as one of the World’s Top 5 Tulip Festivals by the World Tulip Summit Society (WTSS), Taean Tulip Festival is by far the largest tulip festival in South Korea.
While you can appreciate the beautiful tulips and spring flowers during the day, you can enjoy a fantastic array of impressive light displays at night!
- Date: April 13~May 10
- Venue: Taean County, Chungcheongnam-do Province (western part of Korea)
- Book one-day trip
2. The Garden of Morning Calm Spring Flower Festival
Come and see the stunning gardens of colorful spring flowers at the Garden of Morning Calm, which is one of the most beloved gardens that offer fantastic flowers all year round.
Visit Nami Island nearby as well! It’s another famous destination where you can enjoy a stroll along scenic tree-lined paths and gardens.
- Date: April 15~May 31
- Venue: Gapyeong County, Gyeonggi-do Province (mid-western part of Korea)
- Book one-day trip to Nami Island & Garden of Morning Calm
3. Boseong Green Tea Festival 2017
Prepare to be stunned by the endless stretches of green tea fields covering the entire hillside of Boseong Green Tea Plantation!
Selected as one of the “31 Beautiful Sights on This Incredible Planet” by CNN, this breathtaking natural scenery awaits you in Boseong Green Tea Festival.
- Date: May 3~May 7
- Venue: Boseong County, Jeollanam-do Province (southwestern part of Korea)
- Book one-day trip
4. Yeon Deung Hoe (Lotus Lantern Festival)
Every year, Busan, a beautiful port city in South Korea, offers an incredible display of colorful lanterns in celebration of Buddha’s birthday, giving visitors an unforgettable experience.
- Date: April 29~May 7
- Venue: Busan Citizens Park, Busan, Gyeongsangnam-do Province (southeastern part of Korea)
- Book 3D2N trip
- Book one-day small group city tour
5. Seoul World DJ Festival
After 7 long years of waiting, the World DJ Festival is finally returning to Seoul on May 13 & 14! Bringing top-notch EDM artists and DJs including Alan Walker, Brennan Hear, Jauz, Sultan+Shepard, Party Favor, Zeds Dead and many more.
- Date: May 13 & 14
- Venue: Jamsil Olympic Stadium, Seoul
- Book Seoul World DJ Festival Tickets
For more latest, trendiest and newest things to do in South Korea, check out Trazy.com, Korea’s #1 Travel Shop!
The Garden of Morning Calm Official Website
Busan Yeon Deung Hoe Official Website
Nami Island Official Website