Used as the venue for the 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics Ski Jump Event, Alpensia Ski Resort is one of the best resorts for a winter trip in Korea!
Alpensia is way more than just a ski resort! It offers luxury and family-friendly facilities. What’s better, there’s a sports park and indoor waterpark for sport-lovers. Also, the great location near the venue of the Pyeongchang Trout Festival and Seoraksan National Park makes the resort a great destination to go on an overnight tour!
- Please check the updated details of each ski package on the booking page.
Alpensia Resort at a Glance
|Travel time from Seoul||3 hours|
|Number of slopes||6|
(1 beginner, 1 intermediate & 4 advanced levels)
|Number of ski lifts||3|
About the Slopes
Skiers can enjoy 6 slopes in the ski resort based on their ski skills.
- Beginning Level Skiers: Beginners can practice safely at the Alpha slope which is wide and gentle.
- Intermediate Level Skiers: Bravo slope is suitable for intermediate skiers to improve their skills.
- Advanced Level Skiers: If you have advanced skinning skills, hit the Eco slope, Delta slope, and Charlie slope. And if you are an expert skier, go for the Foxtrot slope with steep inclines.
Apart from ski slopes, guests can also enjoy the sledding slope beside lift 1.
About the Lessons
If you are a first-timer of skiing, a private ski & snowboard lesson is recommended! You will be able to ski down the slope and enjoy the fun of one of the best winter activities after the class. Here are various options that will cater to your needs!
For those who need a lesson and experience skiing and snow sledding at the same time:
If you are with your friends or family and prefer a private lesson:
Spend a Night in Alpensia
Alpensia is a world-class resort offering comfy stays and luxury facilities for customers. Staying here is highly recommended. Guests can have choices of Intercontinental Hotel, Holiday Inn Resort Hotel, and Holiday Inn & Suite to choose from. Besides the ski park, there’s an indoor waterpark, a sports park, a cinema, and more to experience! The panoramic view of Daegwallyeong is a plus to the resort as well.
If you are planning to stay overnight here to enjoy the winter holiday, check out the offers below:
- Alpensia Ski Resort Room Reservation
- 2D1N Ski Tour: Alpensia Ski Resort
- 3D2N/4D3N Ski & Snowboard Tour: Alpensia Ski Resort
How to Get to the Resort
By Shuttle Bus: You can take a shuttle bus from some major locations in Seoul and airports to the resort. The resort offers a shuttle bus service for guests as well.
By KTX: Get off at KTX Jinbu Station, then take a taxi to the resort located 13km away. The resort offers a shuttle bus service from/to KTX Jinbu Station as well, please check the official site for the details.
By Private Transfer: For those who prefer a hassle-free private transfer, check the link below.
Things to Do Near the Resort
1) Pyeongchang Trout Ice Fishing Festival
Alpensia locates near the venue of the annual Pyeongchang Trout Ice Fishing Festival, which is one of the must-do winter activities when visiting Korea. Have fun at the festival and feel the excitement of ice fishing! We recommend an overnight tour to experience both the Pyeongchang Trout Ice Fishing Festival and the ski resort.
2) Seoraksan National Park
Seoraksan National Park is one of the must-visit attractions in Korea offering unique views in different seasons. Go on a winter hike to admire the snow-capped mountains. Enjoy the winter getaway and relieve the stress in daily life.
- Seoraksan National Park + Nami Island + Garden of Morning Calm 1 Day Tour
- Seoraksan National Park Hiking Tour
- Nami Island & Seoraksan National Park 1 Day Tour
- Seoraksan National Park & Naksansa Temple 1 Day Tour
Check Out Other Ski Resorts in Korea:
- Elysian Gangchon Ski Resort Guide: Ski Resort Near Seoul
- High1 Ski Resort Guide: the Highest Ski Resort in Korea
- Guide to Vivaldi Park in Korea | Ski Resort Review & Tips
- Eden Valley Ski Resort Guide: Best Busan Ski Resort
For more must-dos and the trendiest things to do in Korea, don’t forget to check out Trazy.com, Korea’s #1 Travel Shop!
Alpensia Resort Official Site
Alpensia Resort Facebook Page