Here’s your guide to what’s on in Korea in September and October 2023!
Packed with exciting events, September and October are some of the best times of the year to visit Korea. Plus, the weather is fantastic for exploring the country! If you want to turn up your fun in Korea, make sure you check out these incredible festivals and events happening this September and October!
1. Rapbeat 2023 Music Festival (Sep 2 & 3)
| Where: Seoul Land
| When: Sep 2~3, 2023
Rapbeat Music Festival is back! It will be held in Seoul Land, Korea’s first amusement park. Enjoy the performances of one of the best lineups in the hip-hop genre and have fun at an amusement park at the same time! Not only will the hottest hip-hop artists be performing, but there will be performances by underground rappers as well. So don’t miss out on this awesome festival and get ready to enjoy a wild experience!
- Sept 2 (Sat): JOEY BADA$$, ZICO, NELL, E SENS, BEWHY, CJAMM, ASH ISLAND, LILBOI, BLOO, B.I, PAUL BLANCO, KHUNDI PANDA & many more
- Sept 3 (Sun): TAEYANG, DYNAMIC DUO, SWINGS, ZION.T, DPR LIVE, PAUL KIM, GIRIBOY, KID MILLI, JUSTHIS, HAN YO HAN, LEELLAMARZ & many more
2. Bongpyeong Buckwheat Flower Festival (Sep 4~15)
| Where: Bongpyeong Buckwheat Flower Field
| When: Sep 4~15, 2023
Every September in Bongpyeong, beautiful white buckwheat blossoms cover up the fields creating a fantastic scene. Join a hassle-free 1 day tour on Trazy and enjoy the view of countless small and white buckwheat flowers sprinkled all over the field! You will also get to admire the gorgeous views of the bed of zinnia flowers along the Pyeongchang River at the Zinnia Festival.
3. Welcoming Party for International Students (Sep 7)
| Where: Mike’s Cabin in Hongdae
| When: Sep 7, 2023
VIBE KOREA, the best party brand in Seoul, is throwing this special welcoming party for newly arrived international and exchange students at one of the hottest spots in Hongdae! Get together with hundreds of other international students from different countries!
4. Incheon K-Pop (INK) Concert 2023 (Sep 9)
| Where: Incheon Munhak Stadium
| When: Sep 9, 2023
The Incheon K-Pop Concert 2023 (INK Concert 2023), one of the largest K-Pop concerts in Korea, will be held on October 1st in Incheon. This year’s concert, once again, has a strong line-up crammed with amazing K-Pop groups and artists! You can join Trazy’s 1 day tour to INK Concert from Seoul and enjoy the live stages of your favorite K-pop stars as well as discover the charm of Incheon city.
| Line-up: BTOB, OH MY GIRL, Golden Chid, WEi, H1-KEY, xikers, woo!ah! tripleS, 8TURN, & more
| Seating Map:
5. Changdeokgung Palace Moonlight Tour (Sep 7~Oct 22)
| Where: Changdeokgung Palace
| When: Sep 7~Oct 22, 2023
Changdeokgung Palace Moonlight Tour is a festival that takes you a step back into the past. Visit the most beloved palace of the kings of the Joseon Dynasty, and stroll around the grounds with the lanterns and moonlight guiding your path. Experience a new side of Changdeokgung Palace you’ve never seen before!
6. 2023 Joy Olpark Festival Ticket (Sep 16 & 17)
| Where: Olympic Park 88 Jandi Madang
| When: Sep 16~17, 2023
Joy Olpark Festival is an outdoor festival with a diverse genre of music from soft ballads to hip hop. This year, the Joy Olpark Festival will take place on September 16th (Sat) and 17th (Sun) at Olympic Park which is easily accessible via public transportation. Enjoy a cool autumn weekend with this awesome festival!
- Sept 16 (Sat): Crush, Heize, Loco, GRAY, Colde, Big Naughty, Silica Gel, Touched, SAAY
- Sept 17 (Sun): AKMU, Kim Pil, Lee Seung Yoon, SORAN, LUCY, Damons Year
7. Buyeo Cultural Night Festival (Sep 15~17)
| Where: Jeongnimsa Temple Site, Gwanbukni Baekje Historical Site Area
| When: Sep 15~17, 2023
Buyeo Cultural Night Festival is a historical festival where you can appreciate and learn about the cultural heritage of the area of Buyeo. The festival is split into various parts each representing a unique aspect of the festival ranging from performances to activities for the day and the night. Experience a one-of-a-kind festival at Buyeo this autumn!
8. Gatsby Cruise Party on Han River (Sep 23)
| Where: Ailey House near Apgujeong Station, Seoul
| When: Sep 23, 2023
Get ready for a night of style, elegance, and fun! Get your finest Gatsby-inspired outfits ready and party on a luxurious anchored cruise ship with four floors and a panoramic river view on the top deck. Mingle and celebrate with people from all around the world with unlimited drinks, featuring cocktails and beers, served from 5pm to 8pm.
9. DMZ Open Peace Nuri Picnic Festival (Sep 23)
| Where: Imjingak Nuri Park
| When: Sep 23, 2023
Engage in a special DMZ event that blends music, nature, and unity, leaving you with lasting memories! Indulge in exceptional music performances, breathtaking landscapes, and a profound message of peace by joining this shuttle bus package for a seamless journey from Seoul. A festival ticket, round-trip transportation, English/Chinese-speaking staff, eco-friendly picnic mat & table, and gimbap are included in the package.
- Lee Seung-hwan, Peppertones, Soran, Roy Kim, HYNN, Kim Feel, HeMeets, and Touched
10. Yeongdong-daero K-pop Concert (Oct 8)
| Where: Yeongdong-daero (in front of Hotel Rivera)
| When: Oct 8, 2023
Enjoy the 2023 Gangnam Festival at Yeongdong-daero K-pop Concert, an annual K-pop concert held in the heart of Gangnam District, showcasing major K-pop artists! It’s also an incredible opportunity to explore Seoul, including Seoul’s old downtown course and Gangnam walking tour course.
- NCT Dream, aespa, ATEEZ, ZICO, STAYC, fromis_9, BOYNEXTDOOR
11. Andong Mask Dance Festival (Oct 2~9)
| Where: Andong Downtown Area
| When: Oct 2~9, 2023
Andong is filled with wonders and one of them is the Andong Mask Dance Festival which takes place every Autumn. Korean mask dance is an integral part of Korean culture, so discover how they incorporate them into performances along with our shows and festivities.
Also, don’t forget to check out Seonyu Julbul Nori, a Traditional Fireworks Festival in Andong, that lights up the night sky on September 30th, October 7th, and October 28th!
| Tours & Activities in Andong:
- [Weekend Getaway] Andong Hahoe Folk Village 1 Day/2D1N Tour – from Seoul/Busan
- [Weekend Getaway] Andong Hahoe Folk Village &Traditoinal Fireworks Festival – from Seoul/Busan (Oct 7 & 28)
- Andong Moon Boat Experience in Woryeonggyo Bridge
- Jangseung & Sotdae (Traditional Korean Totem Poles) Making Experience in Andong
- Andong Hahoe Folk Village 1 Day Private Tour from Seoul
- Andong Hahoe Folk Village 1 Day Private Tour from Busan/Daegu (Van/ Minibus/ Big Bus)
12. 2023 The Fact Music Awards (TMA) (Oct 10)
| Where: Incheon Namdong Gymnastics Stadium
| When: Oct 10, 2023
The Fact Music Awards (TMA) is one of the hottest K-pop awards you won’t want to miss. Quickly secure your tickets and create an unforgettable night of fantastic K-pop celebration. You can watch the performances closer to the stage by getting ground-floor standing tickets via Trazy! In addition, a tour around Seoul using the Seoul City Tour Bus is included in the package.
- SEVENTEEN, Stray Kids, ATEEZ, TREASURE, ITZY, NMIXX, aespa, IVE, NewJeans, ZEROBASEONE, xikers, BOYNEXTDOOR, KOWN EUNBI, JANNABI & more
13. Lotte Duty Free All-Night Party in Lotte World (Oct 14 & 21)
| Where: Lotte World Theme Park, Jamsil Station, Seoul
| When: Oct 14 & 21, 2023
Get ready for the dazzling All-Night Party at Lotte World, where you can enjoy an hour-long performance by top artists in the K-pop scene, followed by an energetic DJ party! This package includes a $30 Lotte Duty-Free coupon, a Lotte World entrance ticket, FREE rides for 10 attractions, and English/Chinese-speaking tour staff.
- Oct 14: DJ Yesong, DJ Juncoco
- Oct 21: DJ JEB, DJ Vandal Rock
14. 2023 Busan One Asia Festival (BOF) (Oct 21)
| Where: Busan Asiad Main Stadium (K-pop Concert), Busan Citizen Park (Park Concert, Exhibition, Experience)
| When: Oct 21, 2023
This year, the Busan One Asia Festival (BOF) will take place on October 21st in Busan, the second-largest city in Korea. Consisting of K-Pop concerts, exhibitions, fan meetings, and many more events, the BOF is a mega Hallyu event every K-pop fan must attend.
The K-pop Concert will feature a stellar line-up of K-pop artists. Book tickets to see all your favorite stars up close with Ground Seating A or S tickets via Trazy! You book a hassle-free tour package to the concert from Seoul or Busan.
You can also book Ground S5 tickets with a KTX package that includes a one-way KTX ticket from Seoul to Busan at a 50% discount!
- NCT 127, HIGHLIGHT, TREASURE, OH MY GIRL, LEE CHAE YEON, The Wind, BAE173, XODIAC, CLASS:y, ZEROBASEONE & more
| Seating Map:
15. Busan Fireworks Festival 2023 (Nov 4)
| Where: Busan Gwangalli Beach
| When: Nov 4, 2023
Busan’s Autumn is filled with amazing festivals. Along with the BOF Festival, Busan Firework Festival is a must-see festival in Busan during the fall season. It is the biggest firework festival not only in Korea but also in Asia. The sandy Gwangalli Beach is a perfect stage for sky sparklers with various displays such as Busan’s unique fireworks.
16. Jinju Namgang Yudeung (Lantern) Festival 2023 (Oct 8~22)
| Where: Jinju Namgang River Area, Jinju City
| When: Oct 8~22, 2023
Every October, spectacular lantern displays at Jinju Namgang Lantern Festival attract thousands of visitors to the city of Jinju in the southern part of Korea. It is one of the largest lantern festivals in Korea that features impressive and creative lantern displays with various themes.
Festival-goers will have plenty of photo opportunities with over 1,000 beautiful lanterns and enjoy a fireworks show as well.
| Tip: Go up one of the river’s four bridges for a panoramic view of the lantern displays on the Nam River!
| How to go: Overnight shuttle buses will be running to the festival from Seoul. It is best to book your ride in advance as the shuttle bus will be likely booked early.
17. Silla Cultural Festival (Oct 13~15)
| Where: Gyeongju Bonghwangdae & Woljeonggyo Bridge
| When: Oct 13~15, 2023
With the cool breeze of Autumn and beautiful sights to see, the Autumn season is actually one of the best times to visit Korea! It also marks the start of the many festivals that are to be held, one of them being the Silla Cultural Festival. One of Gyeongju’s leading festivals, Catch several amazing performances by Woljeonggyo Bridge and some even by Bonghwangdae. What’s more, there’ll also be a hip-hop festival to finish the night off.
| Tours in Gyeongju:
18. Suwon Hwaseong Media Art Show (Oct 6~Nov 4)
| Where: Hwaseong Fortress
| When:Oct 6~Nov 4, 2023
Suwon is well-known for its deep historical background. Experience Suwon’s Hwaseong Fortress from a whole new point of view through a media art show, that will bring out a completely different side to this historical site.
| Tours in Suwon:
19. Yangju Thousand Globe Amaranth Flower Festival
| Where: Yangju Nari Park
| When: TBA
With the cool breeze of Autumn and beautiful sights to see, the Autumn season is actually one of the best times to visit Korea! It also marks the start of the many festivals that are to be held, one of them being the Yanju Thousand Globe Amaranth Flower Festival. Globe Amaranth, which literally translates into the “Never Changing Flower” in Korean. is a common gift among couples to represent their eternal love for one another. Thus, Yangju Nari Park is especially a popular destination amongst lovebirds. Nevertheless, with the soft pink field of muhly grass and dozens of other magnificent sights to see, this festival is surely not to be missed out on!
20. Silver Grass Festivals
| Where: Haneul Park
| When: TBA
The Seoul Silver Grass Festival is one of the most anticipated festivals of the Autumn season. It is particularly popular as a photo spot for its Instagram-worthy fields of silver grass reaching over 2m as well as pink muhly grass in the background. So, head on down to Haneul Park this coming October with your loved ones and experience a truly beautiful Autumn this year!
21. Mindungsan Mountain Silver Grass Festival
| Where: Mindungsan Mountain
| When: TBA
If you’re more of the adventurous type, why not take a hike up Mindungsan Mountain to bask in the fields of glistening silver grass? Not only will you be able to go on a fantastic hiking adventure but also get the chance to admire the surrounding landscapes as well as the crimson Autumn foliage along the way. That’s killing more than two birds with one stone! So, head on up to Mindungsan Mountain to enjoy the unique Mindungsan Mountain Silver Grass Festival this Autumn!
If you need more inspiration for your next trip to Korea, make sure you check out Trazy.com, Korea’s #1 Travel Shop, today!
- Changdeokgung Palace Moonlight Tour Official Website
- Joy Olpark Festival Official Website
- Buyeo Cultural Night Festival Official Website
- DMZ Open Peace Nuri Picnic Festival Official Website
- Andong Mask Dance Festival Official Website
- The Fact Music Awards Official Website
- Lotte Duty Free All-Night Party Official Website
- Silla Cultural Festival Official Website