Visit Elysian Gangchon Ski Resort and nearby attractions for a fully packed winter excursion!
Elysian Gangchon Ski Resort, located in Chuncheon, a city that embraces beautiful lakes and rivers, is one of the ski resorts frequently visited by day-trippers from Seoul.
You can reach Elysian Gangchon Ski Resort in about 1.5 hours by car and 2.5 hours by subway.
Thanks to its proximity to Seoul and the convenient public transportation system, Elysian Gangchon Ski Resort is the only ski resort that is reachable by subway in Korea.
There are also several popular attractions near Elysian Gangchon Ski Resort such as Nami Island, the Garden of Morning Calm, and Petite France.
If you want to not only ski but also do some sightseeing in the snowy countryside of Korea, Elysian Gangchon Ski Resort would be the best destination for your winter ski trip to Korea.
Elysian Gangchon Ski Resort at a glance
|Location||Chuncheon, Gangwon Province|
|Travel time from Seoul||1 hour and 30 mins|
|Number of slopes||10|
|Number of ski lifts & gondolas||6|
If you’d like to know the opening date of Elysian Gangchon Ski resort for 2021/22, Click here! (2022/23 version will be updated soon!)
About the slopes in Elysian Gangchon Ski Resort
There are 10 slopes in total and you can choose where to ski based on your ski skills.
| For beginners: Elysian Gangchon Ski Resort is, in fact, favored by novice skiers for its gentle slopes that best accommodate first-timers. If you’re a beginner, choose the Panda and Rabit slopes with a gentle inclination.
| For intermediates: Try kicking off from the summit “Alphouse” and choose between the Dragon, Horse, and Puma slopes. You’ll be sliding down the slopes with a distance of 945~1175 m and an inclination just enough to give you thrills!
| For advanced skiers: We’d recommend the Leopard slope with a steep inclination and a distance of 518 m.
If you are looking for a completely hassle-free tour with round-trip transportation, ski clothes, and equipment rental, book this 1 day package!
If you’ve never skied before, learn how to ski through lessons offered by Elysian Gangchon Ski Resort!
If you are looking for a hassle-free package including a lift pass and ski/snowboard equipment rental, we got you covered!
- Ski/snowboard Lift Pass + Equipment/Clothes Rental Package
- Ski/snowboard Equipment/Clothes Rental + Shuttle Bus Package (+ Snow Sled/Lift Pass/Lesson)
If you want to travel at your own pace and only with people from your group, book a private tour from/to Elysian Gangchon Ski Resort along with nearby attractions in Gapyeong, such as Nami Island, Petite France, and Garden of Morning Calm.
How to go to Elysian Gangchon Ski Resort from Seoul
By Private Transfer
- Private Transfer: If you are looking for a convenient way to get to Elysian Gangchon Ski Resort, there is a private transfer service that will take you to the ski resort and back from either airports or your hotel in Seoul!
By Shuttle Bus
- Shuttle Bus: You can enjoy a fun day at Elysian Gangchon Ski Resort with a hassle-free ride to and from Seoul! Take the shuttle bus from Hongik University, Shinsegae Department Store near Hoehyeong Station, or Dongdaemun History & Culture Park Station!
- Public Express Bus: Seoul Express Bus Terminal (Subway Line 3, 7, 9 Express Bus Terminal Station) → Chuncheon Express Bus Terminal → Walk to Nam Chuncheon Station for 10 mins to take the subway Gyeongchun Line → Baegyang-ri Station → Shuttle bus to Elysian Gangchon Ski Resort.
- Subway Gyeongchun Line: Sangbong Station (Seoul) → Baegyang-ri Station → Shuttle bus to Elysian Gangchon Ski Resort (Available every 20 min. beginning on the hour
How to fully enjoy Elysian Gangchon Ski Resort
Book a day tour to Elysian Gangchon Ski Resort
- 1 Day Ski Lesson/Snow Sled/Free Time Tour: Elysian Gangchon Ski Resort
- Elysian Gangchon Ski Resort + Nami Island + Petite France + Garden of the Morning Calm 1 Day Tour
- Elysian Gangchon Ski Resort & Garden of Morning Calm Light Festival 1 Day Tour
- Elysian Gangchon Ski Resort & Nami Island & Garden of Morning Calm 1 Day Tour
- Elysian Gangchon Ski/Snowboard & Strawberry Picking 1 Day Tour (+ Snow Sled/Lift Pass/Lesson)
Book an overnight package at Elysian Gangchon Ski Resort
- Elysian Gangchon Ski Resort Room Reservation – Elsuite Condominium
- 2D1N/3D2N/4D3N/5D4N All-Inclusive Ski Tour: Elysian Gangchon Ski Resort (Arriving Soon)
Places to visit near Elysian Gangchon Ski Resort
1. Nami Island
Nami Island, covered by the white snow blanket, cannot be more romantic in winter. No wonder the half-moon shaped island is loved by a lot of international travelers as well as local people in Korea. The cold temperature may give you chills, but this poetic scenery will warm your heart up.
2. Garden of Morning Calm
This dreamlike scenery is what you will witness when visiting the Garden of Morning Calm in winter. Illuminated by 30,000 lights, the whole garden, tucked in the deep valley of mountains, shines under the dark sky. On every step forward, you’ll hear snow squeak under your feet and see the lights change their colors as you move.
3. Petite France
Doesn’t this place look familiar to you? If you have watched the hit K-drama “My Love from the Star”, you’ll be able to recognize it in a few seconds. Yes, this is the place where Do Min-Joon, the alien, casts a spell that lights up the buildings around and makes Cheon Song-yi fly to kiss him. If you’re a fan of “My Love from the Star”, don’t miss out on Petite France during your visit to Korea!
4. Hwacheon Sancheoneo Ice Festival (Arriving Soon)
Here is another one-of-a-kind experience you can have in Korea’s winter: sitting on a frozen lake, making a hole in the ice, and catching fish through it. If you’ve been searching for something unique and fun, Hwacheon Sancheoneo Ice Festival got your need just right! Catch trout, get them grilled, and taste the fresh mountain trout on-site!!
5. Seoraksan National Park
Seoraksan Mountain is famous for its grandiose winter scenery. Its winter scenery is the exact reason the mountain was given its name, meaning “Large White Mountain”. Lots of people flock to Seoraksan to go hiking and see the beautiful snowfall blanket the entire mountain. Come hiking to Seoraksan National Park and you will not be disappointed with the magnificent view.
Are you looking for the perfect ski trip tailored just for you?
Here you can search and select all options depending on your needs!
Are you looking for somewhere close to Seoul to have fun playing snow? Book a trip to Elysian Gangchon Ski Resort via Trazy.com, Korea’s #Travel Shop!