Visit one of the most popular destinations near Seoul, Nami Island.
Nami Island (Namiseom), or officially called Naminara Republic, is one of the most visited tourist destinations in Korea for its breathtaking scenery of nature. Located in the city of Chuncheon, the island is about two hours away from Seoul – perfect for a day trip or a weekend getaway. However, it can be a bit tricky for visitors to travel out of Seoul.
Don’t worry, Trazy is here to help you find the best way to go to Nami Island.
How do I go to Nami Island from Seoul?
There are three ways you can get to Nami Island from Seoul:
If you can’t decide which one to take, use this chart below to see which is suitable for you.
Book a shuttle bus or a tour to Nami Island.
For personalized day trips or custom tours, Gapyeong One Day Private Van Tour is highly recommended, where you can visit Nami Island, Petite France, Gangchon Rail Park, and the Garden of Morning Calm in a day. You will take hassle-free private transportation and have enough free time on your own.
How Do I Get Inside Nami Island?
Since Nami Island is inaccessible by land transport, the only way to get to the island is to take a ferry or a zip wire from Gapyeong Wharf.
1. By Ferry
Taking a ferry to Nami Island is a great way to take in the surrounding mountains and lake, and a one-way ride takes about 5 minutes.
|Seniors(70+ yrs) / Students (Middle~High School Age)||₩10,000|
|Children (36 months~Elementary School Age) / Visitors after 6pm (Dec~Mar) / Visitors after 7pm (Apr~Nov)||₩7,000|
|Under 36 months||Free|
|The entrance fee to Nami Island is included in the fare.|
| Where to Buy Tickets: The ticket office is located near the Immigration Gate.
| Ferry Schedule:
- 7.30am-9.00am Every 30 mins (The first ferry at 7.30am)
- 9.00am-6.00pm Every 10-20 mins
- 6.00pm-9.40pm Every 30 mins (The last ferry at 9.40pm)
2. By Zip-wire
Another way to get into Nami Island is by a zip-wire run by Nami Skyline Zip Wire.
The ride lasts about one minute and the riders can see the lake and island from above.
| Price: 44,000 KRW one-way, per person. (Nami Island entrance fee & one-way ferry fare that departs from Nami Island are included in the price.)
| Where to Buy Tickets: Visit the Zip Wire Tower located near the dock in Gapyeong Wharf.
| NOTE: Only on-site registration is available. The waiting line can be very long.
| Operation Hours:
- 9.00am-7.00pm (Apr~Oct)
- 9.00am-6.00pm (Nov~Mar)
Check out the Best Nami Island Tours from Seoul
- Nami Island & Garden of Morning Calm / Petite France Tour
- Nami Island + Gangchon Rail Bike + Garden of Morning Calm / Petite France Tour
- 3 in 1: Nami Island + Petite France + Garden of Morning Calm Tour
- 3 in 1: Nami Island + Gapyeong Rail Bike + Garden of Morning Calm Tour
- 4 in 1: Nami Island + Petite France + Gangchon Rail Park + Garden of Morning Calm Tour
- Nami Island + Petite France + Gapyeong Rail Bike + Garden of Morning Calm Tour
- Seoraksan National Park & Nami Island Tour (+ Garden of Morning Calm Light Festival)
Be sure to visit Trazy.com, Korea’s #1 Travel Shop, for all the latest, trendiest and newest things to do in South Korea.