The new modern department store in Bangkok is located on the riverbanks of the Chao Phraya. The grand opening of ICONSIAM Bangkok was on the 9th, November 2018, with the concept of “ A New Global Landmark On Chao Phraya River – Spectacular Beyond Imagination ”. This place consists of 8 floors which are divided into different zones of more than a hundred brands and attractions, such as fashion world, technology, home decor, souvenirs, kids, food, cinema, fitness, sky terrace, treasure hall and more.
- 1st NIKE KICKS LOUNGE in Asia
- H&M with the concept of triplex stores
- 1st APPLE STORE in Thailand
- 1st JD SPORT which is one of the top sports retailers in the United Kingdom in Thailand
- Biggest ADIDAS ORIGINAL STORE in Asia
- 1st TAKASHIMAYA – One of the most iconic Japanese department stores in Thailand
- Sook Siam – Resembling Thailand’s floating market, Its architecture and designs are a homage to Thai arts and culture and way of life from 77 provinces across the country, which makes the experience more exciting and meaningful. You can also find regional specialties, food, and beverages here
2. How to get there
Here, we suggest 3 BTS stations where you can take a free shuttle boat/bus that takes you directly to ICONSIAM.
- BTS Saphan Taksin (S6)
Get off at BTS Station Saphan Taksin and make your way out to Exit 2. Walk to the pier called “Sathorn Pier”. Look for the free shuttle boats marked “ICONSIAM” and get on the boat. The boat will come every 10-15 minutes so don’t panic if you missed one.
- BTS Krung Thonburi (S7)
Get off at Krung Thonburi BTS station and go out to Exit 1 and look for the signs for the free minibus shuttle which runs every 15 minutes from 6am-midnight.
- BTS Wongwian Yai (S8)
Free shuttle buses run every 30 minutes from 9.30am-10pm.
If you are not familiar with public transportation in Bangkok, We suggest you read our blog of Bangkok’s public transportation system.
Or if you prefer your own private transfer from the airport, there is a good option! Click below!
If you are interested and want to go to other attractions that are on the riverbanks. You should not miss these places!
3. Nearby Attractions
To enjoy all sorts of entertainment from food to shopping, you should check out Asiatique: The Riverfront.
It’s a large open-air mall you can easily reach with public transit. Getting there is simple. There are countless shopping and dining options. But if you want a more special evening, you should check out their performances as well.
There are 2 world-class shows you can watch at Asiatique. Check them out below!
- 25% OFF Discounted Tickets to Calypso Cabaret Bangkok Show
- 37% OFF Discount Tickets to Muay Thai Live: The Legend Lives
2. Wat Arun and Wat Pho (temples)
Taking the boat to the pier “Tha Tien” to visit these 2 remarkable temples that are landmarks of Bangkok.
Wat Arun – a.k.a Temple of Dawn which is a Buddhist temple well known for its stunning architectural design and decorations.
Wat Pho – a.k.a The Reclining Buddha, is a first-class royal temple and monastery located in the south of the Grand Palace.
If you are looking for others landmarks of famous temples in Bangkok, here is your chance to visit more!
If you would like to look for other things to do in Thailand, visit Trazy.com!
ICONSIAM Official Facebook
ICONSIAM Official Website