Visit Jisan Ski Resort, one of the famous ski resorts for beginners, in Korea!
Get geared up for a ski holiday in Korea! Home to the 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics, Korea is one of the best destinations in the world where you can have an amazing winter sports experience.
For those who are short on time, but want to squeeze in skiing or simply have a fun snow day, head out to Jisan Ski Resort, or Jisan Forest Ski Resort!
Offering a variety of nursery runs, this ski resort absolutely ideal for beginners and family units to try their hand at skiing and snowboarding.
The ski resort is located just outside of Seoul in the city of Icheon, Gyeonggi-do, and can be easily reached within an hour and a half by car, which makes it perfect for a day trip. However, the ski resort usually gets packed on weekends, so try to visit on weekdays.
Now, if you want to get the best out of your ski trip to Jisan Ski Resort, make sure you check out our handy ski resort guide below!
Jisan Ski Resort at a glance
|Location||Icheon, Gyeonggi Province|
|Travel time from Seoul||1 hr 30 mins|
|Number of slopes||7 main slopes & 3 sub-slopes|
|Number of ski lifts||5|
|Ski Lift operation hours||7:00 am~4:00 am|
If you’d like to know the opening date of Jisan Ski resort for 2018/19, Click here!
About the slopes in Jisan Ski Resort
Jisan Forest Ski Resort has slopes for skiers of all levels, with inclines ranging from 5 degrees to 30 degrees, but is mainly geared toward beginners.
Find out which slope is perfect for you below:
| For beginners: If you’re a beginner who’s just starting out, try Slopes 1-1 and 1.
| For intermediates: Slopes 2 and 3 are ideal for beginners to push themselves into the intermediate category, Slope 5 and 6 are suited for intermediates to practice their skills.
| For experts: Hit the Slope 7, which is the longest slope in Jisan Ski Resort with a total length of 1,500 meters.
| For snowboarders: A snowboard park is available, but there’s no half pipe.
| Ski lifts: There are a total of five 4- and 6-seater high-speed ski lifts at Jisan Ski Resort, allowing visitors to enjoy short waiting times. For children and beginners, the resort has a Sunkid conveyor lift, or an escalator-like lift, as well.
How to go to Jisan Ski Resort from Seoul
• Public Express Bus: Seoul Nambu Express Bus Terminal/Dongseoul Express Bus Terminal → Icheon Intercity Bus Terminal → Local bus No. 12 → Jisan Mart Entrance → Jisan Ski Resort
Book your ski or snowboard tour to Jisan Ski Resort via Trazy.com – it’s the easiest way to go to Jisan Ski Resort from Seoul!
▼ Book your tour to Jisan Ski Resort ▼
Best things to do for families with kids & non-skiers
1. Snow sledding fun for the whole family
Besides skiing and snowboarding, Jisan Ski Resort has a sledding slope that is sure to delight adults and children alike.
- Operation: Feb 11-Feb 28
- Ticket info: Tickets can be purchased at the main ticket office at J. Center.
- Rental info: Snow sled can be rented at the entrance of snow sledding site.
- See the prices & schedule below: VAT included.
|Operation hours||Duration||Adult||Child (under 12 years old)||Guardian||What’s Included|
|9:30 am~4:30 pm||4 hrs||14,000 KRW||12,000 KRW||18,000 KRW||Helmet, Snow Sled|
| Take note:
- Tubers must be at least 6 years old and more than 110 cm tall to ride solo.
- Children ages 24 months-5 years old: Required to ride with an adult with an additional fee of 14,000 KRW.
- 5 years old and under 110 cm: Required to ride with an adult with an additional fee of 18,000 KRW.
- Children under 5 are not permitted to ride.
- Personal snow sled or other equipment are not permitted.
▼ Book Snow Sled Package Now ▼
| What’s included: The snow sled package includes round-trip transportation, snow sled rental, goggles, gloves, and an English speaking driver/staff.
2. Enjoy the winter scenery in the free time
For non-skiers and those looking to a more laid-back atmosphere and relaxation, J. Plaza is the perfect spot to be. Located at the base of the ski resort, the plaza offers a cafeteria-style eatery with eye-popping views of the slopes and the surrounding landscapes. Grab a seat and enjoy the view!
3. Drop by Everland theme park and maximize your winter fun!
Add extra fun to your ski trip! Combining skiing and Everland theme park into one trip, non-skiers and families with kids will have the opportunity to do a bit of skiing and enjoy the rides at Everland, one of the most popular theme parks in Korea.
▼ Book your tour to Jisan Ski Resort & Everland ▼
Amenities & Other facilities
Jisan Ski Resort features amenities and facilities within close proximity, giving visitors quick and easy access to the slopes without having to carry their skis or snowboards.
See below for information on amenities and facilities at Jisan Ski Resort:
- Maple Condominium: restaurant, supermarket
- J.Park: nursery room, arcade, food court, coin lockers, restroom
- Rental House: ski clothes/equipment rental shops, changing rooms, restroom, convenience store
- J.Plaza: visitor information center, cafeteria, convenience store, snack bar, food court, ski equipment shop
- J.Center: ticket office, rental shop, coin lockers, ski clothes/equipment rental shop, restroom, changing room, snow patrol, medical service room, restaurants
- Square Office: personal lockers, coin lockers, restroom
Now, if you’re all set and ready for your ultimate winter sports experience in Jisan Forest Ski Resort, start planning your ski trip today!
Looking to save some expenses for your trip?
Check out all the coupon codes we have here! You can use provided coupon codes to go on two winter tours at a discounted price!
Or are you looking for the perfect ski trip tailored just for you?
Here you can search and select all options depending on your needs!
Looking for more inspiration? Discover more fun things to do during the winter in Korea at Trazy.com, Korea’s #Travel Shop.