Are you planning to join an exchange student program in Korea? There are many things that you should prepare, especially during the COVID-19 outbreak. Here’s is the ultimate list of essential things exchange students in Korea should prepare before arriving in Korea!
1. SIM Card
The most essential thing you need to prepare before arriving in Korea is to get your SIM card ready. To practice self-quarantine for 14 days once you arrive in Korea, all incoming passengers are required to have a local contact number. You can either have your SIM card get delivered to you in advance or pick it up within the quarantine inspection area at Incheon International Airport!
Check out the recommended options for your Korea SM Card:
- Receive Korea SIM Card by Postal Parcel (International & Korea Shipping)
- Pick up Korea SIM Card within Quarantine Inspection Area at Incheon Airpot Terminal 1
- Korea SIM Card: Unlimited Data + Optional Voice & SMS – Pick up from Incheon Airport Terminal 1 & 2
- Korea eSIM: Unlimited Data Only eSIM (5~60 Days)
- Postpaid Smartphone Rental with Korea SIM Card – Pick up from Incheon Airport Terminal 1 & 2
2. Airport Transfer Service
It is highly recommended to book an airport taxi in advance, especially for those who need to go to the quarantine place. All customers’ touchpoints are frequently cleaned, wearing a facial mask is required at all times, hand sanitizers are available to use anytime, and partitions are set up in van vehicles.
You can book an airport transfer service from Incheon/Gimpo airport to Seoul or the major areas in Gyeonggi-do (Suwon, Pyeongtaek, Bundang, Goyang, Hanam, Hwaseong, Dongtan, Gunsan). In addition, a private round-trip transfer service to the health center for the COVID-19 test is available in Seoul and Incheon!
Book the private transfer services in advance:
- Incheon/ Gimpo Airport ↔ Seoul Private Van Transfer (24/7)
- Incheon/ Gimpo Airport ↔ Gyeonggi-do Private Van Transfer (24/7)
- Private Round-Trip Transfer Service to the Health Center for COVID-19 Test (Seoul/Incheon)
3. Self-Quarantine Room Rental
If you are looking for a place to self-quarantine for 2 weeks after entering Korea, rent a cozy and convenient room in Seoul. It’s a clean, safe, and convenient studio-type furnished room with a private bathroom and free WiFi. There are three options available: all-inclusive hotel room rental (with meals & private transfer services), room rental only in Seoul, and room rental only outside of Seoul.
4. Moving & House Cleaning Service
Finding a place to stay during the semester is also very important. Whether you decide to stay in a dormitory or find private accommodation outside of the campus, you might have to use the moving service. With Trazy, you can find a good moving service company at a reasonable price and relocate absolutely stress-free! The movers will carefully load, move, and unload all of your belongings.
If you want to make your place clean and pleasant before moving in, get your house cleaned by experienced cleaners! They will clean your kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, common area, entrance area, and throw away the trash including dry/general garbage and food waste.
5. COVID-19 Safety Items
Wearing a facial mask is mandatory in Korea so it’s better to prepare COVID-19 safety items. KF94 masks are approved by the Korean government and their safety and quality are assured, blocking 94~100% of all fine particles and droplets. You can also easily order COVID-19 safety items, such as hand sanitizers, masks, antibacterial soaps, and have them delivered to your door front the next day!
- Order Disposable KF94 Masks Delivery Service
- Order Covid-19 Safety Items (Masks, Sanitizers, Soap) Delivery Service
6. Learn Basic Korean Language
It’s always better to learn some of the basics of the language when living in a foreign country. If you want to learn the basic Korean language before departing to Korea, join this online class! In this 50-min online class, a professional Korean instructor will teach you the basics of the Korean language as well as essential phrases and expressions. Perfect for beginners with little to no knowledge of Korean!
Helpful Services Once You Arrive in Korea
1. Food Delivery Service
During your self-quarantine, you can easily order food in English via Trazy without having to encounter a delivery person! From fried chicken, hamburgers, pizza, Korean Chinese food, to Thai & Vietnamese food, you can choose any food you want and have them delivered to your home.
2. Online Grocery Delivery Service
If you prefer cooking at home instead of ordering food, you can order healthy and fresh grocery goods and receive them by the next day at 7am. From daily fresh & breakfast goods, fruits, salads, desserts, and coffee, you can conveniently order high-quality groceries!
3. Household Supplies & Small Appliances Delivery Service
When moving into a new place, you will need a variety of basic household supplies and small appliances, such as detergents, tissue, a toaster, a rice cooker, and many more. Simply order the ones you need via Trazy and the crew will have them delivered to your doorstep.
4. Phone Interpretation & Translation Service
If you are in a situation where the person you are talking with can’t communicate well in English, book a phone interpretation service. Trazy’s English & Korean bilingual staff will interpret for you over the phone!
Read More Blogs for Helpful Tips Before Coming to Korea!
- Top Survival Items for Exchange Students & Expats in Korea
- Quarantine Process for All Inbound Travelers Entering Korea
- Airport Essentials for a Trip to Korea: Half the Journey Done!
- Your Complete Guide to Getting a Residence Card (Former ARC) in Seoul
To find out more trendiest and latest things to do in Korea, check out Trazy.com, Korea’s #1 Travel Shop!