Here comes the most fantastic time of the year, Christmas. Right now, South Korea is filled with awesome vibes only! Here, we’re going to share the Korean ways of celebrating Christmas with you.
1. Light Festivals
With the holiday season coming, there are a lot of amazing light festivals held in Korea. Garden of Morning Calm Lighting Festival, Petite France Little Prince Lighting Festival, Lotte World Tower, and department stores like Lotte Department Store and Shinsegae Department Store, Seoul City Hall Plaza, etc., are all great spots where Koreans go and see the dazzling displays.
- Nami Island & Garden of Morning Calm / Petite France
- Garden of Morning Calm & Nami Island & Petite France + Italian Village
- Elysian Gangchon Ski Resort & Garden of Morning Calm Light Festival
- Nami Island + Elysian Gangchon Ski Resort + Garden of Morning Calm Light Festival
- Seoraksan National Park & Nami Island & Garden of Morning Calm
- Strawberry Picking + Elysian Ski Resort + Nami Island + Garden of Morning Calm (Dec 10~Mar 5)
- Strawberry Picking + Nami Island + Eobi Ice Valley (+ Garden of Morning Calm/Gangchon Rail Bike/Petite France) (Dec 22~Mar 4)
- Nami Island + Eobi Ice Valley + Garden of Morning Calm (+ Rail Bike/Petite France/Alpaca World) (Dec 22~Mar 4)
2. N Seoul Tower
N Seoul Tower is another popular place to celebrate Christmas, especially for couples. It’s known for its deck that provides a 360-degree view of the entire Seoul city. It’s also the most romantic place for couples to promise each other’s everlasting love by locking the love padlocks. You can see the love padlock trees being decorated with lights that resemble illuminated Christmas trees! N. Grill, a revolving restaurant located on the highest point of N Seoul Tower, is another spot where you can enjoy French cuisine and a panoramic view with your beloved up in the sky.
3. Theme Parks
Instagram에서 이 게시물 보기
Theme parks are always popular destinations for family, friends, and couples. The famous theme parks in Korea: Everland Theme Park and Lotte World Theme Park have special events and decorations for Christmas. You can enjoy the theme parks with various activities, such as skiing, snowboarding, or ice skating!
- Everland Discount Tickets
- Transportation Options and Discount Tickets for Everland
- Jisan Ski Resort & Everland 1-Day Tour
- Lotte World Discount Tickets
- Lotte World Theme Park & Aquarium Discount Combo Tickets
- Lotte World Indoor Ice Rink Discount Ticket
Instagram에서 이 게시물 보기
If you are in the southern region of Korea, you can enjoy the Christmas lights at Daegu E-World theme park! “Miracle Winter Nights” is held until February 28, 2022, and you can see the marvelous colorful lights everywhere.
- Book Daegu E-World & 83 Tower Discount Tickets
- Join Daegu E-World & 83 Tower Observatory 1 Day Tour from Busan
4. Make & Exchange Special Christmas Gifts
If you want to make and give one and only special Christmas gifts to your loved ones, check out these DIY activities! From accessories, perfume, to stamps, create your own unique presents, which will also give you unforgettable Christmas memories.
[Make One & Only Accessories]
- Make Your Own Custom Ring/Bracelet /Necklace in Hongdae
- Make Your Own Korean Lettering Silver Jewelry in Eulji-ro
- Create Your Own One & Only Thread Bracelet
[Make One & Only Perfume]
[Make One & Only Items]
- Make Your Own Cosmetics near Hongdae
- Make Your Own Stamp in Insadong
- Neon Sign Making Class in Gangnam & Hongdae
5. Snow Fun at the Ski Resorts
Koreans love to ski, snowboard, and snow sled at ski resorts during the winter! There are many ski resorts in Korea, such as Vivaldi Park, Elysian Gangchon, Phoenix Park, Alpensia, High1, Yongpyong, and many more. Private transfer services or shuttle buses are available from Seoul to these ski resorts. Also, you can visit Eden Valley Ski Resort where you can enjoy from Busan in a day!
Find out more about Christmas in Korea:
Do you know more about Christmas in Korean through the blog? Plan your trip to Korea and feel the vibes!
Don’t forget to check out Trazy.com, Korea’s #1 Travel Shop, for the latest, trendiest, and newest things to do in South Korea.
N Seoul Tower Facebook Fanpage
Jogyesa Official Site
Garden of Morning Calm Official Site
Paradise City Official Site
Everland Theme Park Official Site