Stay online anytime and anywhere across Thailand with an unlimited 4G Pocket WiFi!
Imagine having no WiFi during your trip when you desperately need to use Google Maps or post something on your Instagram Story. That could be a nightmare for many of you.
Rest assured! Now you can rent a pocket WiFi and have fast and stable internet access at all times across Thailand!
Renting a Pocket WiFi in Thailand
It is safe to make a reservation for the pocket WiFi to be sure they’re not all booked-up. You can secure your pocket WiFi by paying in advance online.
After you book online, you can simply pick up the device at the airports in Bangkok (Suvarnabhumi Airport, Don Mueang Airport), and return it afterward.
Even though you pick it up and return it in Bangkok, the internet connections are available throughout Thailand, which makes things easier for those planning a trip to the other areas where WiFi access can be non-existent.
All about the Pocket WiFi rental service in Thailand
1) Which pocket WiFi service should I use?
Wi-Ho WiFi is one of the most recommended services in Thailand. I personally tried their pocket WiFi, and it was fast and stable at all times. It was easy to connect, and fast enough to stream videos and even have a video chat. The best part is not only they offer unlimited data, but their coverage is also all over Thailand.
2) Pocket WiFi vs. SIM card, which one should I choose?
To have internet connection in Thailand, you have 2 options: SIM card and pocket WiFi. Both have their pros and cons. See the table below and find out which option is more suitable for you!
|Pocket WiFi||Sim Card|
|Pros||• Unlimited data usage|
• No need to swap your Sim card
• Up to 5 devices can be connected at once
|• Normally cheaper than a pocket WiFi|
• No need to carry an extra device
|Cons||• Need to carry an extra device|
• Need to charge the pocket WiFi device at times
|• Need to have an unlocked phone |
• Need to set up new network settings
In conclusion, if you need unlimited data to share with your travel group without having to swap your SIM card, a pocket WiFi would be the best choice for you!
How to book a Pocket WiFi in Thailand with Trazy
After booking it online, follow the steps below:
- Show your confirmation email with your passport to pick up the pocket WiFi.
- No security deposit is required. However, you MUST leave a copy of your passport at the counter when you pick up the device.
- You can add an damage insurance at 50 baht per day only when you pick up at Suvarnabhui Airport (Don Mueang Airport not avavailable).
- In case of lost/damaged device, you will need to pay the extra charge when you return the device. Please see the information of the estimated value of products.
How to set up a WiFi connection
Once you receive your pocket WiFi, follow the steps below to set up and connect to your device!
- Press and hold ‘Power’ button for 2~3 seconds until the screen on the device lights up.
- Wait for the flashing green light
- Now you’re connected!
*When not in use, the device should be turned off by pressing and holding the ‘Power’ button for 2~3 seconds until the light goes off.
Now, go ahead and rent a Pocket WiFi! You will have peace of mind knowing you have a WiFi connection at any time and anywhere. The fact that you can share the portable Wi-Fi connection with your friends is a huge bonus too. 😉
For more travel tips and ideas for your next trip to Thailand, make sure you visit Trazy.com, Asia’s #1 Travel Shop!
Photo credit: memecrunch.com