Most islands near Phuket are incredibly beautiful. So, if you have any plans to visit Phuket, you must consider adding a couple of islands to your itinerary. Here’s the list of the best islands and tours from Phuket. Following the list, discover amazing islands in Thailand and find out what kinds of special tours are ready for you!
1. Racha Island
About Racha Island
The Racha Island (or Raya Island) is an excellent destination for diving and snorkeling in Thailand. Crystal clear waters and white sandy beaches make this island such an exclusive paradise for divers all year round. Besides, this heavenly place is only 30 minutes away from Phuket by speedboat! The island consists of two islands, Racha Yai (big) Island and Racha Noi (little) Island. The main beach of Racha Yai Island, Ao Bungalow, is best known as a stargazing place. Also, here is where you can find most of the accommodation. On the other hand, Racha Noi Island has more rocks than beaches. There is a small bay on its west coast that is a famous spot for fishing. In a word, the whole island is full of activities, so all you need to do is find the best tour which fits you.
The Best Tours of Racha Island
- How about spending time for snorkeling and swimming in the turquoise-colored water of Racha Yai Island? If you join this hassle-free tour, you don’t need to worry about anything but having fun in paradise.
- The ultimate itinerary for Racha Yai Island and Coral Island is here! If you go to this all-inclusive tour, all you need to do is having fun with snorkeling, swimming, and chillaxing in Racha Island and Coral Island. Especially, it offers two options for half and full-day tours so you can choose as you prefer.
- For those looking for a special fishing experience, the Andaman Sea that surrounds Phuket will present the thrill of deep-sea fishing for you. There is an expert fishing guide on this tour, so it’s recommendable for first-timers as well.
- A complete one day tour for Racha Noi Island, Racha Yai Island, and Maiton Island is here! Spend plenty of time for snorkeling in the amazingly clear waters of Banana Bay and sunbathing at the Pirate Beach of Racha Noi Island. After savoring buffet lunch at Racha Yai Island, end the day at Maiton Island for a chance to spot wild dolphins leaping across the vast Andaman Sea!
2. Phi Phi Islands
About Phi Phi Islands
Phi Phi Islands are one of the most beloved Islands in Thailand, featuring perfect tropical beaches, stunning rock formations, and vivid turquoise waters. Phi Phi Islands are a group of six islands. The two main islands are Phi Phi Don and Phi Phi Leh. Phi Phi Don, the larger island, attracts hundreds of visitors to stay on its lovely shores. The smaller uninhabited Phi Phi Leh boasts amazingly beautiful bays and beaches, including the world-famous Maya Bay.
Maya Bay, brought into the spotlight by the movie ‘The Beach’ featuring Leonardo Dicaprio, became a major tourist attraction instantly. Unfortunately, it has been closed tentatively due to severe environmental damage and won’t reopen at least until mid-2021. Since there are no cars on Phi Phi Island, you should take a local longtail boat or simply travel on foot to get around.
The Best Tours of Phi Phi Islands
- As mentioned above, Maya Bay is currently not allowed to visit, so instead, Khai Island will satisfy you. Khai Islands are a group of small islands, where you can do snorkeling surrounded by various types of tropical fish and coral reefs at clear waters. So, don’t miss the opportunity to visit both Phi Phi Islands and Khai Islands with a crazy discount until December.
- If you want to add some more spots to the itinerary above, Bamboo Island and Maiton Island are highly recommended. Bamboo Island is well known for its exotic mood along with abundant bamboo trees, while Maiton Island is famous for the perfect place for snorkeling. Just pick one of those islands and book 1 day tour with a considerable discount.
- What better way to fully enjoy the tranquil and peaceful mood than with sunrise? Take the premium speedboat and look around the must-visit places of Phi Phi Islands without crowds.
- Another island you can explore with Phi Phi Island is James Bond Island. James Bond Island and Phi Phi Islands are two of the most visited islands from Phuket. If you want to know more about James Bond Island, keep on reading.
3. James Bond Island
About James Bonds Island
James Bond Island is a famous landmark in Phang Nga Bay, which has around 100 islands. It got fame through its starring role in the James Bond movie, The Man with the Golden Gun. A distinctive trait of this famous bay is the precipitous limestone cliffs that vertically jut out of the emerald-green water. The area around James Bond Island is a popular destination for sailing and kayaking.
The Best Tours of James Bonds Island
- To explore the beauty of Phang Nga Bay as featured in the James Bond movie with less crowd, check out James Bond Island 1 day tour, which offers grand discounts. You can visit four small islands around Phang Nga Bay and spend plenty of time for activities, such as cave sightseeing, canoeing, swimming, and sunbathing.
- Phang Nga Bay shows two different magnificent sceneries with sunrise and sunset. If you want to savor early morning scenes and explore James Bond Island before the crowd rushes in, the sunrise premium tour is highly recommended. On the other hand, for those who want to call the day with marvelous sunset, 1-day sunset tour is ready for you. You will spend an unforgettable time with relaxing activities, swimming, and breathtaking views.
4. Coral Island
About Coral Island
Coral Island, known locally as Koh Hae, is a beautiful getaway destination. It takes only 15 minutes by speedboat from Phuket. The island has two main beaches, Long Beach and Banana Beach. Banana Beach is especially famous for snorkeling. If you go out far enough from Long Beach, you will discover its impressive coral reefs. Both beaches have a lot of water sports activities such as banana boats, canoes, and snorkeling. There’s a speedboat on Long Beach that can take you out for parasailing.
The Best Tours of Coral Island
- All you need is half a day to discover the amazing underwater world by snorkeling, banana boats, and parasailing over the crystal-clear water!
- If you want to make an unforgettable moment in Coral Island, a stylish five-star catamaran is waiting for you. Lying on a sunbed with a drink on hand, enjoy the fascinating Andaman Sea. A live DJ will keep you excited while partying with friends on a luxurious beach club floating above the Andaman Sea.
5. Similan Islands
About Similan Islands
Similan Islands are located just 84 km northwest of Phuket. The word ‘Similan’ is derived from the Malay ‘Sembilan,’ which means nine. That’s why each of the Similan Islands has a number as well as a name. These islands are famous for their wonders beneath the clear blue waters. It’s generally counted among the ten most interesting dive areas in the world. The most jaw-dropping feature of these islands is the enormous boulders, which is perched atop the hill of the island. Similan Islands have almost everything, such as coral walls, big rocks, caves, and plenty of shallows for snorkeling. These exotic islands are opened to the public only from mid-October to mid-May so don’t miss out on the chance to visit Similan Islands!
The Best Tours of Similan Islands
- If you want to get to know Similan Islands in one day, check out Similan Islands 1 day tour. While visiting four small islands, you can fully enjoy a variety of beaches and activities such as snorkeling, swimming, sightseeing, and sunbathing.
- However, for those snorkeling-lovers, Similan Islands 1 day snorkeling tour might be the best option. While snorkeling among tropical fish and waving coral reefs, you will discover the secrets of Similan Island.
- Of course, there is an option for the premium tour, which offers a professional guide, neat facilities at a private pier, and premium speedboats. Spend your day on this heavenly island with the best service!
6. More Island Tours from Phuket
The Best Tours of Additional Islands
- Aside from the islands above, there are still so many islands you should check out. You can visit Krabi, which features stunning scenery with limestone cliffs, caves, waterfalls, and exotic wildlife. It offers a wide array of leisure activities as well. If you want to look around Krabi in one day, Krabi 4 islands tour is highly recommended. While visiting 4 of the must-visit islands in Krabi, you can enjoy snorkeling and sunbathing. Don’t miss out on the highlight of the tour, visit limestone cave in Phra Nang Beach where contains a mythical story.
- Of course, Surin Islands and Maiton Island can’t be left out. Visit Surin Islands, one of south Thailand’s most beloved destinations, and spend plenty of time for snorkeling! Because these islands boast perfect depth for snorkeling. If you join the Surin Islands 1 day tour, you will have the ultimate snorkeling experience at three different places. On the other hand, Maiton Island offers a chance to appreciate the beautiful beach view in peace. Due to a limited number of visitors a day, you can enjoy the island with swimming, snorkeling, sunbathing as you like!
If you want to know more about Thailand’s islands, read our blogs!
Did you pick your best island tours from Phuket? As mentioned above, there are so many beautiful islands in Thailand and so much more to do around. If you want to discover more about Thailand’s islands, visit Trazy.com, Asia’s #1 Travel Shop, to get information on real paradise for travelers in Thailand!