Need inspiration for your winter trip to Korea? Check out this winter bucket list and enjoy Korea’s winter season to the fullest!
Bundle up, winter’s here! Although the cool and crisp autumn lasted only a few weeks, don’t despair! In winter in Korea, there are tons of fun things to do from ice skating, sledding to walking along snow-covered paths.
However, if you’re not an outdoor person and prefer to stay warm inside, do not worry because you can enjoy exploring aquariums, watch exciting performances and more.
1. Top Winter Activities & Experiences
Staying only indoor can get boring since the winter season is quite long. Then, get out and embrace the cold weather by partaking in some winter sports or festivals where you can have the ultimate winter experience in Korea. Skiing, snowboarding, and sledding are the most popular, and the most representative outdoor activities in Korea in winter. Below are the things you can enjoy!
- Ski & Snowboard Packages & Tours
- Ski & Sightseeing Tours
- Winter Festivals & Events
- Best Ice Rinks in Seoul
- Best Sledding Sites in Seoul
2. Top Winter Destinations & Festivals
From fruit-picking experiences, snowy landscapes to ice fishing fun, Korea has plenty to offer in winter. Here are the top winter destinations in Korea. To get more details, click on each activity below.
- Hwacheon Sancheoneo Ice Festival
- Garden of Morning Calm Lighting Festival
- Strawberry-Picking Experience near Seoul
- Explore Seoul Vicinity: Nami Island
- Pocheon Herb Island Light Festival
- Cheongpyeong Snowflake Ice Festival
- Coex New Year’s Countdown + Gyeongpodae Overnight Sunrise
- Mt. Deogyusan & Maisan Winter Wonderland
3. Top Indoor Attractions – Part 1. Seoul
Seoul is a city that definitely has a lot of indoor attractions and fun things! For those who want to stay warm and experience fun indoor activities, make sure you check out categories below and choose what you like.
1) Spa & Sauna
Imagine soaking yourself into the hot bathtub while outside is bitter. How about treat yourself during a harsh season with prime spa and sauna experience in Korea?
- Dragon Hill Spa : Korean Bathhouse
- Whoo Spa : Formerly O HUI Spa
- SPA 1899: Korean Red Ginseng Spa Treatment
2) ‘Make Your Own’ Experiences
There are dozens of DIY(Do-It-Yourself) experiences in Seoul, from accessories to craft items specific to Korea. Why not make your own charming souvenirs in warm indoor workshops?
- Make Your Own Custom Ring in Hongdae
- Korean Traditional Paper ‘Hanji’ Craft
- Traditional Knot Ornament-Making
- Traditional Mother-of-Pearl Lacquerware Craft
- Make Your Own Neon Light in Seoul
3) Culinary Experiences
It is important to fortify yourself with meals especially during cold days. Have some selected Korean foods and keep your body warm!
- Kimchi & Tteokbokki-Cooking Class
- Korea House Traditional Korean Cuisine
- Private Korean Cooking Class + Market Tour in Seoul
- Cooking Class + Market Tour near Gyeongbokgung
- Traditional Korean Rice Wine (Makgeolli) & Cooking Class in Seoul
4) Unique Selfie & Photo Spots
What are some of the most joyful things to do indoor? One of them is taking unique photos with your fellow travelers at distinctive, witty museums or wearing traditional Korean clothes!
5) Games & Entertainment
In winter, we can be lazy due to the weather that deters our brain work. Then, why don’t you put your brain to work in a fun way by joining some carefully designed indoor game spots?
- Room Escape Game: suspenseful themed rooms with challenges and puzzles
- Running Man Theme Park & Poopoo Land: theme park based on the TV show ‘Running man’
- Dynamic Maze & Alive Museum: indoor attraction with missions
- Shooting Range in Myeongdong: indoor shooting experience
6) Indoor Theme Park & Aquariums
Visit Seoul’s most visited and beloved indoor theme parks and buildings, which are the 63 square, Lotte World complex, and COEX! You can enjoy various things from sky views, aquarium, amusement park, to shopping.
- 63 Square: 63 Sky Art & Aqua Planet 63: well-recognized building in Seoul
- Lotte World &Lotte World Aquarium: one of the top 10 popular theme park
- COEX Aquarium: Seoul’s best aquarium
7) Show & Performances
Watching splendid shows are also one of the greatest things to do in winter. As a leader in leisure industries, many fresh and novel shows are waiting for you!
- Cookin’ NANTA Show: the most popular non-verbal performance with beats
- JUMP Show: non-verbal performance of Asian martial arts and acrobatics
- Fireman Show Ticket: dynamic and comical show with acrobatics
- The Painters HERO Show Seoul: innovative art performance
8) K-Pop Experiences
It would be regrettable if you miss K-pop experiences in Korea. Once you came to Korea, why not join the best tours at the home of K-pop?
- BTS Tour with the Best Fan ARMY in Seoul
- SBS MTV The Show Package
- MBC World: Hallyu (K-wave) Theme Park
- SMTOWN Museum Ticket
4. Top Indoor Attractions – Part 2. Jeju Island
Who says you can’t go to Jeju Island in the winter? Skip the packed summer beaches and check out these bunch of indoor attractions in Jeju Island! Click on each to get more details or to buy tickets.
- Glass Castle: glass themed museum
- Jeju Aerospace Museum: a museum of aerospace
- Aqua Planet Jeju: a giant aquarium in Jeju island
- Teddy Bear Museum Jeju: Teddy bear-themed museum
- Hello Kitty Island Jeju: Hello Kitty-themed museum
Read more our blog post to find out things to do in Jeju Island during winter :
5. Top Indoor Attractions – Part 3. Busan
Busan is the second-largest city in Korea, which means there are numerous things to enjoy indoor during winter. Check out the top indoor destinations below for staying warm in the city.
If you want to top up your bucket list with more amazing winter experiences Korea has to offer, visit our website, Trazy.com, Korea’s #1 Travel Shop!