Check out Korea’s best winter festivals and activities and get the best out of your winter trip to Korea!
The temperature is dropping, and it’s getting cold, but you know it’s time to explore a whole new world of winter activities and scenes in Korea. So, don’t hibernate at home and go explore all the fun out there.
1. Strawberry Picking
Picking fresh strawberries at a local Korean farm is a great excursion for both kids and adults. Take the strawberries home with you and they’ll be your healthy, delightful dessert of the day.
- Vivaldi Park Ski/Snowboard/Snowy Land & Strawberry Picking 1 Day Tour
- Strawberry Picking & Ski/Snowboard/Snowy Land Tour from Vivaldi Park Ski Resort
- 2D1N Snowy Land & Strawberry Picking Tour: Vivaldi Park Ski Resort
- Elysian Gangchon Ski/Snowboard & Strawberry Picking 1 Day Tour
- Pocheon Art Valley + Pocheon Herb Island + Strawberry Farm 1 Day Afternoon Tour
- Nami Island + Garden of Morning Calm + Strawberry Picking 1 Day Tour
- Nami Island + Gangchon Rail Bike + Strawberry Picking 1 Day Tour (+ Garden of Morning Calm)
2. Eobi Ice Valley
Eobi Ice Valley is a rising winter destination in Korea, famous for its enchanting ice walls that make the perfect photo backdrop. Take pictures of the magical frozen waterfall at Eobi Ice Valley and visit other popular nearby winter destinations, such as Nami Island, Gangchon Rail Bike, Alpaca World, and more!
- Nami Island + Eobi Ice Valley + Garden of Morning Calm (+ Rail Bike/Petite France/Alpaca World) (Dec 22~Mar 4)
- Nami Island + Eobi Ice Valley + Rail Bike/Petite France/Alpaca World (Dec 22~Feb 29)
- Strawberry Picking + Winter Sled/Nami Island + Eobi Ice Valley (Dec 18~Feb 28)
- Strawberry Picking + Nami Island + Eobi Ice Valley (+ Garden of Morning Calm/Rail Bike/Petite France) (Dec 22~Mar 4)
3. Skiing & Snowboarding
Try and have a go at skiing or snowboarding in Korea, where the Pyeongchang 2018 Winter Olympics were successfully held.
Some of the best ski resorts include Yongpyong Ski Resort, Vivaldi Park Ski Resort, and Alpensia Ski Resort. These ski resorts offer a wide range of slopes for all levels of skiers and amazing winter landscapes. So, just choose any according to your taste! Find out about more ski resorts in Korea here and book your ski packages in advance.
4. Snow Sledding
1) Seoul Land
If you don’t want to travel too far from Seoul, head over to a sledding hill in Seoul Land, the first theme park in Korea. Enjoy sledding down during the day and see the fantastic illumination show at night, which will make your winter experience just more enchanting.
2) Onmount Snow Park
Onemount is one of the biggest indoor theme parks in Korea, which is located only 30 minutes away from Seoul by subway. It provides the best of both worlds with its Snow Park offering winter delights and Water Park providing refreshing summer fun. At Onemount Snow Park, you can enjoy winter activities, such as skating, snow slides, and snow sledding.
3) Gapyeong Sledding Hills
Gapyeong Sledding Hills is a great sledding slope located a stone’s throw away from Seoul. Enjoy an exhilarating winter sled ride down the snowy hills in Gapyeong!
4) Taebaeksan Mountain Snow Festival
If you want to enjoy winter landscapes in Korea and have fun at the same time, join the Taebaksan Mountain Snow Festival! You can enjoy activities like snow rafting and snow sledding and take photos with snow sculptures. Besides, you will get a chance to go hiking in Taebaksan Mountain.
5) Snow Sledding at the Ski Resorts
Also, don’t forget to check out these Ski Resorts for a more fun-filled day of sledding!
[Vivaldi Park Ski Resort Snowy Land]
- 1 Day Ski/Snowboard/Snowy Land Snow Sled Tour: Vivaldi Park Ski Resort
- Ski/Snowboard Equipment/Clothes Rental + Lift Pass (+ Snowy Land/Basic Lesson): Vivaldi Park Ski Resort
- 1 Day Ski/Snowboard/Snowy Land Snow with English/Chinese Lesson: Vivaldi Park Ski Resort
[Elysian Gangchon Ski Resort]
- 1 Day Ski Lesson/Snow Sled/Free Time Tour: Elysian Gangchon Ski Resort
- Ski/Snowboard Equipment/Clothes Rental + Shuttle Bus (+ Snow Sled/Lift Pass/Lesson): Elysian Gangchon Ski Resort
[Yongpyong Ski Resort]
[Jisan Ski Resort]
- 1 Day Ski/Snow Sled Tour: Jisan Ski Resort
- Jisan Ski Resort 1 Day Tour from Seoul
- Jisan Ski Resort (+ Everland) 1 Day Tour
[Phoenix Park Ski Resort Snow Village]
- 1 Day Ski/Snowboard Snow Sled Tour: Phoenix Park Ski Resort
- 2D1N Phoenix Park Ski Resort Package
- Ski/Snowboard Lift Pass/Snow Village/Equipment Rental: Phoenix Park Ski Resort
[Eden Valley Ski Resort]
- 1 Day Ski & Snow Sled Tour: Eden Valley Ski Resort from Busan
- 1 Day Ski/Snowboard/Snow Sled Tour: Eden Valley Ski Resort from Busan
5. Rail Bike Experiences
For those of you who want both actions (not too aggressive though) and nature, a rail bike ride is just the thing. You can pedal down the rail track while enjoying fantastic winter scenes around you with your friends, families, and lovers. Forget about the cold, go and try in Gangchon Rail Park.
- Gangchon Rail Park – Rail Bike Ticket
- Gapyeong Private Tour From/To Vivaldi Ski Resort or Gangchon Elysian Ski Resort
- Nami Island + Gangchon Rail Bike + Garden of Morning Calm Day Tour / Petite France + Italian Village
- Alpaca World & Nami Island (+ Gangchon Rail Bike/Petite France) 1 Day Tour
- Alpaca World & Nami Island (+ Rail Bike/Garden of Morning Calm) 1 Day Tour
- LEGOLAND & Gangchon Rail Bike/Nami Island/Alpaca World 1 Day Tour
6. Winter Light Festivals
Glisten and glow. Some of the most popular light festivals in Korea include the Garden of Morning Calm Lighting Festival (Dec 1~Mar 17) Not to mention the luminous Pocheon Herb Island Light Festival which gathers all the families and couples to take memorable photographs. Whichever light festival you choose to go to, there will be plenty of Instagram-ready photo spots!
Read more about the light festivals in Korea here.
- Elysian Gangchon Ski Resort & Garden of Morning Calm Light Festival
- Nami Island + Elysian Gangchon Ski Resort + Garden of Morning Calm Light Festival
- Strawberry Picking + Elysian Ski Resort + Nami Island + Garden of Morning Calm 1 Day Tour
- Elysian Ski Resort + Alpaca World + Nami Island (+ Garden of Morning Calm option) 1 Day Tour
7. Ice Festivals
1) Ice Fishing Festival
Can you catch fish with bare hands? Try it at the Hwacheon Sancheoneo Ice Festival (Jan 6~28), which is announced as one of the ‘7 Winter Wonders of the World’ by CNN. It’ll be a great chance for travelers and tourists to have a whole lot of fun while traveling in Korea! You can pre-book your shuttle bus package to the festival here.
- 2024 Hwacheon Sancheoneo Ice Festival: Shuttle Bus Package (Jan 6~28)
- Nami Island/Alpaca World/Hwacheon Ice Fishing Tour from Vivaldi Park Ski Resort (Dec 4~Feb 23)
Let’s not forget that there is more than one Ice fishing festival in Korea, and there is one right in Pyeongchang! If you don’t feel like going to Hwacheon, there is always a Pyeongchang Trout Ice Fishing Festival (Dec 22~Jan 28) waiting just for you!
If you’re looking to totally get in on the ice fishing festival fiesta, check out the Hongcheon River Trout Festival as well as the Inje Icefish Festival.
The Hongcheon River Trout Festival (Jan 5~21) is one of the most popular festivals in Gangwon-do, featuring various programs such as ice fishing, ATV riding, and many more. What makes this festival even more special is that the trouts are fed ginseng, which Hongcheon is famous for. So, more the reason to get your hands on them. If you think that’s not enough, go on our Hongcheon River Trout Festival & Sutasa Temple Half-day tour for a more fun-packed day in Korea!
The Inje Icefish Festival (Jan 19~28) is another must-go festival in Gangwon-do. Not only do they have icefish fishing and cooking but also winter activities such as sledding and ice soccer!
If fishing isn’t your thing but you want to enjoy the winter festivities, head on over to Daegwallyeong Snow Festival (Jan 27~Feb 11). Located in the “Alps of Korea”, this area receives heavy snowfall every winter making it the perfect place for some snow-sculpting. Be amazed by the giant snow sculptures, some even made by the locals, displayed throughout the festival. Also, there are many other winter activities and programs prepared to make this festival an unforgettable one!
2) Ice Fountain Festival
Every winter, the Chilgapsan Ice Fountain Festival takes place at the magical Alps Village in Cheongyang. It’s a great way to experience the winter atmosphere and snowy day activities to the fullest! You can enjoy winter activities, such as ice sledding, snow sledding, and bobsledding. Stay warm with tasty winter snacks like roasted chestnuts and sweet potatoes that are available to purchase on-site.
- Chilgapsan Ice Fountain Festival at Cheongyang Alps Village (+ Winter Activities/Strawberry Picking) (Dec 23~Feb 29)
- Strawberry Picking + Cheongyang Alps (+ Snow Sledding option) (Jan 2~Feb 29)
Now that the green fields are gone, why not give some grass to the flock of hungry sheep? It’s fun, and it doesn’t cost you much compared to what you’ll be rewarded – a beautiful view of huge wind turbines on the white rolling hills of snow.
For those who wish to take a day trip to the Daegwallyeong Sheep Farm, hiring a private vehicle and a driver can be a great option. The private tour not only offers you the opportunity to visit the sheep farm but also explore other nearby tourist attractions, such as Seoraksan National Park and Naksansa Temple.
9. K-Pop Festival
1) SBS Music Awards (Gayo Daejeon)
- Date: Dec 25, 2023
- Venue: Inspire Arena
- Line-up: Stray Kids, (G)I-DLE, TOMORROW X TOGETHER, IVE, LE SSERAFIM, ZEROBASEONE, RIIZE, THE BOYZ, ATEEZ, ITZY, STAYC, aespa, ENHYPEN, NMIXX, BOYNEXTDOOR, & more
Ready to meet your favorite Korean TV shows and stars in one place? As a must-attend event for every K-Pop fan, the SBS Awards Festival (SAF) is one of the major broadcasting festivals held by SBS that celebrates all the accomplishments in SBS’ TV programs throughout the year.
The festival features a K-Pop music awards ceremony called Gayo Daejeon or SAF Music Awards, and the Drama & Entertainment awards ceremony.
2) Golden Disc Awards
- Date: Jan 6, 2024
- Venue: Jakarta International Stadium
- Line-up: SEVENTEEN, Stray Kids, NewJeans, ZEROBASEONE, ENHYPEN, STAYC & more
Have a blast with your favorite K-pop stars at the Golden Disc Awards! In 2024, it will be held in Jakarta, Indonesia with a spectacular lineup, giving you a lifetime opportunity to watch the most popular K-pop stars of the year.
To celebrate the start of the new year as well as take a look at the past achievements of K-Pop artists throughout the year, GDA will once again be a highly anticipated show by many fans all over the world!
Who will become the winners of this year’s GDA?
3) Circle Chart Music Awards (a.k.a. Gaon Chart Music Awards)
- Date: Jan 10, 2024
- Venue: BEXCO 1st Exhibition Hall in Busan
- Line-up: TBA
Gaon Charts, one of the major record charts in Korea, is back again with its new name, Circle Chart Music Awards. Start the new year off with a night of festivities as the top songs and artists of 2023 are acknowledged for their achievements. Get ready for the ultimate night of K-pop festivities as your favorite K-pop artists perform before your very eyes!
Don’t miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity at the Circle Chart Music Awards!
4) S2CON (Sharing & Together Concert)
- Date: Jan 12, 2024
- Venue: SK Olympic Handball Stadium
- Line-up: ZEROBASEONE, RIIZE, HWASA, HIGHLIGHT, GOT7’s BamBam, Cravity, N.SSign, VANNER, & more
Get ready to immerse yourself in the heart-pounding beats and electrifying performances of your favorite K-pop stars and the 2024 S2CON (Sharing & Together Concert). This ticket package not only grants you exclusive access to the year’s hottest music festival but also unlocks the key to exploring the vibrant city of Seoul.
10. New Year’s Countdown Party & Tours
1) Ice Palace New Year’s Eve Countdown Party
We are already coming close to the end of 2023, and what a year it has been! There is no better way to celebrate your New Year’s Eve and New Year in Korea! Enjoy the New Year’s Eve Countdown Party at Some Sevit Floating Island with various drinks, live performances, and DJ music. This is an Ice Palace-themed party with a dress code of white & blue, and you’ll get to mingle and socialize with people from all around the world.
Happy-hour unlimited drinks are from 9pm to 1am and you can get early bird discounts on Trazy!
2) DDP & Jeongdongjin Beach
Say hello to 2024 surrounded by a feast of fireworks and beautiful lights at Dongdaemun Design Plaza (DDP)! After greeting the new year, head to Jeongdongjin Beach to witness the early morning sun reaching out over the ocean.
3) Sokcho Beach
Greet the New Year most magically by watching the sunrise at Sokcho Beach, a popular beach that holds an annual sunrise festival every New Year. Since the sunrises in the East Sea, you can greet the first sunrise at the earliest time.
4) Yongdusan Park & Homigot
Every New Year’s Eve, people gather at Yongdusan Park to join the bell-tolling ceremony next to the imposing Busan Tower, the city’s flagship observation tower. Stop by the Gamcheon Culture Village and head over to the iconic Homigot to watch the first sunrise of 2024.
5) Ulsan Ganjeolgot & Gyeongju
Start the New Year with a spectacular sunrise tour at Ulsan Ganjeolgot Lighthouse, which offers one of the earliest opportunities to witness the New Year sunrise. Then explore the rich history of Korea in Gyeongju, the ancient capital of the Silla Dynasty.
6) Korean Folk Village + Seohaerang Cable Car + Tando Port
Embark on an unforgettable journey with this New Year’s Eve with a special sunset tour from Seoul. Explore the enchanting Korean Folk Village, soar above the sea on the Seohaerang Cable Car, and witness the picturesque sunset landscapes at Tando Port.
7) Busan Attractions & Dadaepo Beach
Celebrate New Year’s Eve in style with a sunset tour from Busan! Explore the city’s gem, including Haedong Yonggungsa Temple and Gamcheon Culture Village. Then take the romantic Blueline Park Sky Capsule that stretches 2km along the Busan coastline. Last but not least, immerse in Dadaepo Beach’s natural wonders of the last sunset of the year.
Now, if you want to make your winter trip to Korea unforgettable, make sure you add these to your travel bucket list.
For more fun and exciting things to do in Korea, visit Trazy.com, Korea’s #1 Travel Shop.