Thailand is well-known for having countless beautiful beaches and islands. Some of them are hugely popular and busy. If what you are expecting on your beach holiday in Thailand is peaceful and relaxing, you might want to look for quiet hidden gems in Thailand. They are not easy to find as they are so-called “hidden gems”. But don’t worry! We have curated some of the best quiet islands which have fewer tourists to satisfy those who want to avoid the crowd!
1. Quiet Islands near Phuket/Krabi
Phra Nang Beach
1) Chicken Island – It is well-known for the limestone rock that resembles a shape of a chicken. It boasts crystal clear water perfect for snorkeling.
2) Tup Island – It features a highlight called ‘Thale Waek(The Separated Sea)’ which shows up every time during the low tide. Thereby, you will get a chance to walk to another island nearby called Mor Island.
3) Poda Island – In the island, you can see an incredible white sandy beach and glittering turquoise seawater. Also, you will see many unique boats called “Poda” along the beach.
4) Phra Nang Beach – It is considered one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Even though the beach is located on the peninsula, the only way to access this area is by long-tail boat. Thus, some people call it a hidden beach.
5) Hong Island – ‘Hong’ means a room in Thai. This fascinating island has a beautiful hidden lagoon (room) in the center of the island, and that’s why it’s called Hong Island. The water level in the lagoon is not too high, thus it is safe to play in, even for kids. It is a popular spot for swimming, snorkeling, sunbathing, canoeing along the beach.
2. Quiet Island near Koh Samui / Koh Phangan
Ang Thong National Marine Park – A set of 42 islands that famous for featuring pristine beaches, tall mountains, thick jungles, magnificent waterfalls. There are some islands that you can visit, such as Koh Mae (has an emerald lagoon) and Koh Wua Ta lap (has the best view spot where you can see all the 42 islands).
3. Quiet Island near Pattaya
Nemo Island (Koh Samae San)
Nemo Island (Koh Samae San) – It is the best island to do snorkeling when visiting Pattaya, not being that far from the town. The island is famous for its colorful reefs and abundant fish habitation, especially the Nemo.
As always, if you would like to know more about the best places to travel in Thailand, check out Trazy.com!