In the Bangkok area and looking for a prime shopping opportunity? Don’t miss out on the annual Thailand Grand Sale! From June to mid, late August, Bangkok’s top malls offer great discounts for you to enjoy. Yes, you can splurge a bit here, since they have sales up to a whopping 80%! Shop everything from clothes to electronics to jewelry to handicrafts. So, we’re here to guide you on Bangkok’s key shopping spots, especially around the Sukhumvit Shopping district. Let’s dive into the different mall options, for you to get all your benefits during the annual Thailand Grand Sale period!
1. Sukhumvit Road Shopping Map
Don’t know where to shop? Take a look at this map and walk along the Sukhumvit road to get the best deals!
2. Top Malls to Shop at Sukhumvit Road
- Central Chidlom – This mall prides itself for being “Bangkok’s Prestigious Shopping Landmark”, and this is certainly true. All the top luxury brands are here, from fashion to cosmetics, like Gucci, Chanel, MAC, Nars, and Dior. So, If you’re in for some serious shopping and get some tourist benefits, Central Chidlom is a definite must.
- Central Embassy – Another very luxurious mall you can visit, owned by the same group as Central Chidlom. This landmark mall comes with landmark brands like Miu Miu, Moschino, and Saint Laurant. Also, it’s right next to Central Chidlom, so that you have access to all the luxury brands you could ever imagine. What’s more is that they also have all sorts of useful services like VAT refunds, currency exchanges, interpreters and valet parking, so consult to Concierge for any of these premium services!
- Emporium Bangkok – If the usual mall experience is a bit boring for you, head to Emporium Bangkok. In addition to the usual shopping complex, this mall has a luxurious cinema, art exhibition space, a supermarket, and a food court. Enjoy all you want in this mall!
- EmQuartier – As one of the newest malls in the area, Emquartier is an extension to Emporium. It offers hundreds of name brands, tons of restaurant options, IMAX theater and even a waterfall to take some photos at! From high-end brands like Chanel and Valentino to more affordable brands like Zara and H&M, this mall certainly has it all!
- Amarin Plaza – At Amarin Plaza, there is a mix of mainstream and non-mainstream, quality brands you can buy from. Not only are top-tier brands like Valentino and Crocodile are worth buying from, but their Thai crafts and tailored clothing shops are also notable! They also have an affordable and tasty food court for you to visit in the middle of your shopping spree. What’s more, is that this mall is linked to Erawan Bangkok by a sky bridge!
- Erawan Bangkok – You’ll have a luxurious, comfortable experience at this mall! From Alexander Wang to Comme De Garcons to Marni to LANVIN, brands you’ve been dreaming about are gathered here. They also have a healing wellness center and an award-winning Tea Room, which you can visit to relax as you shop away.
- More malls like Gaysorn, Paragon, Terminal 21 and Zen await you! Walk along Sukhumvit Road with our map and visit all the unique malls.
3. Shopping Tips & Times
- Head to a few malls in the daytime, to enjoy their air-conditioning and to escape the summer heat. Or to dodge the crowd, head there at the opening hour!
- Visit Central Chidlom to get good discounts on luxury brands first, to get your major splurge over with!
- Head to EmQuartier to fill up your luggage with some more affordable brands.
- Head over to Amarin Plaza to get some Thai crafts to bring home as a souvenir. Or, read our Thai souvenir guide for more tips!
- Get some tasty food court food at Amarin Plaza or Emporium Bangkok.
4. Visit Nearby Attractions
- Visit the Chatuchak Weekend Market
- Head there on Saturdays and Sundays, from 9AM to 6PM, or Fridays from 6PM-12AM.
- Get to Mochit BTS skytrain station, just one stop off Sukhumvit Road
- Join in the Sukhumvit Bar Crawl to experience a colorful nightlife!
- Book your spot on trazy.com
- Head to near Nana Station on the BTS Sukhumvit Line at 8 to meet up with the bar-hopping crew
- Enjoy the night until you want to!
Did you enjoy our guide to the Thailand Grand Sale? So, are you ready to shop away? If you found awesome places to go shopping, you might want to read some more on our blog: