Gyeonggi-do can be an unfamiliar place for many people, but it’s actually the most populous province in South Korea and it’s a province surrounding Seoul, the capital city of South Korea. There are many cities in Gyeonggi-do with wonderful attractions, such as Bucheon, Gwangmyeong, Hwaseong, Ansan, Siheung and more. If you want to explore beyond Seoul, check out these 5 best activities you shouldn’t miss out in Gyeonggi-do!
1. Gwangmyeong Cave Wine Tasting Tour
Gwangmyeong cave is a former gold mine that now has a lot of attractions, including an aquarium and a 194-m long wine cave. You can admire the dazzling lights inside the cave and taste different kinds of domestic wine in the wine cave cellar. You will also get to visit Grand Coteu Winery in Daebudo Island, where you can taste wine made with Daebudo grapes while overlooking at the stunning views of the west sea.
Join the top 3 tours to Gwangmyeong!
- Gwangmyeong Cave Wine Tasting & Grand Coteau Winery 1 Day Tour
- Gwangmyeong Cave + Anseong Farm Land + Ansan Starlight Village 1 Day Tour
- Gwangmyeong Cave + Traditional Market + Hangang Park 1 Day Tour
2. Bucheon Woongjin Play Doci Water Park
If you are looking for a perfect place to enjoy with your children, Woongjin Play Doci is highly recommended. Woongjin Play Doci is the largest indoor water park located in Bucheon and it’s just 30~50 minutes away from Seoul. It has indoor/outdoor water park and spa with a real ocean-like wave pool, foot massage, waterfall baths, and many more. After having all the water fun, relax your body in the warm pools, which is even better during the winter.
Check out the Woongjin Play Doci discount tickets & tours!
- Woongjin Play Doci Water Park Discount Ticket
- Woongjin Play Doci Indoor Water Park + Art Bunker B39 + Strawberry Picking 1 Day Tour
3. West Sea Sunset Tour in Hwaseong
Are you looking for a relaxing tour where you can appreciate the beautiful nature of Korea? If you are, head to the Hwaseong City to admire the remarkable and picturesque sunset view! There are 3 must-go places to see the amazing sunset in Hwaseong, which are Jebudo Island, Jeongok Port, and Gungpyeong Port. Not only you will see the sunset, but also experience the extraordinary sea parting water walk that resembles Moeses’ sea parting miracle. Moreover, you can choose a fishing option to catch some fresh local fish while watching the gorgeous sunset on the peaceful West Sea!
Don’t miss out the sunset view by joining this tour!
4. Family Fun Tour in Ansan
Along with Bucheon, Ansan is a great place to visit with your family! At Starfield City Mall, a huge shopping complex that offers children-friendly attractions, your children can have a lot of fun at Mom & Kids playground, pet shop, a movie theater, and many more. Afterward, watch spectacular performances at Dongchun Circus, which can be an unforgettable experience for children. Last but not least, Paper Art Museum is a good place to enrich your children’s understanding of history and culture by making their own artwork with Hanji (Korean traditional paper).
Book a hassle-free family fun tour to Ansan!
5. Outlet Shopping Tour in Siheung
Gyeonggi-do is also a great place for shopping lovers! There are many huge premium outlets in Siheung and Gwangmyeong, such as Siheung Shinsegae Premium Outlets and Gwangmyeong Lotte Premium Outlets. Furthermore, there are IKEA, AvenueFrance, and Costco where you can enjoy family-friendly shopping. If you want to visits these secret shopping spots in the suburb cities, join outlet shopping tour from Seoul, which helps you to more conveniently enjoy shopping!
Join a round-trip outlet shopping tour from Seoul!
Read on this blog to find out more about Gyeonggi-do!
Check out more hassle-free tours in Gyeonggi-do
- Everland Discount Ticket & 1 Q-Pass Package (+Shuttle Bus option)
- Jisan Forest Ski Resort & Everland 1 Day Tour
- Suwon Hwaseong Fortress + Korean Folk Village + Uiwang Rail Bike 1 Day Tour
- Pocheon Art Valley + Herb Island + Strawberry Farm 1 Day Tour
- Bears Town Ski Resort Snow Sledding & Pocheon Herb Island Light Festival 1 Day Tour
- South Gyeonggi-do Private Van Tour: Folk Village or Dae Jang Geum Theme Park
Check out all the latest, trendiest, fun things to do in Korea at Trazy.com, Korea’s #1 Travel Shop!